Monday, December 22, 2008

Digital Storytelling

Hi Friends,

It's hard to believe the New Year is upon us! I hope everyone is well and enjoying the holidays. I have been busy promoting storytelling at our school and helped one class work toward a Storytelling Festival in the library. They did a great job! I also received a grant to offer a Digital Storytelling Club after school for 4th & 5th graders. I hope to have a web page up showcasing their stories. I learned a ton! In fact, Alysia who helped lead the club, offered a workshop for teachers earlier this fall and we created our own digital stories. I'd like to share mine with you! Please keep in touch and happy holidays! Lorrie

Here's the link to my digital story: Following the Waters

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wow! I love your digital story and I am amazed at how you could it together with such artistry. Thanks for sharing some of your photos and journey. One day, I hope to get to Alaska.

I, too, have been sharing many stories with the students I work with. All of my students have special needs but stories seem to elevate their ability to discuss important stuff (like how to make a friend).
Happy holidays!
-Jean