Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hi Everyone:

Things have been interesting around here. We're in full workshop mode - we've got six workshop coming up in the next three weeks. It's insane. By the way, the dates on the blog for the workshop in Sewell are wrong - it's August 20, 21 and 22. I'll be here. Theresa is coming to our workshop in Bergen county on August 18, 19 and 20. There's still room in all of our workshops if any one is interested in teaching with Monarchs in the classroom. I haven't had a chance to tell my story any more since I came home. But the whole experience has given me a new confidence. Now Erik has to live with the monster he created. I promised Anne Lee that I would start to like my name. She said if I didn't like my name, maybe I didn't like myself. She said since you all liked me so much I must be wrong not to like myself. So I started by researching my name. Apparently it comes from a small town in Mexico on the Baja Penninsula. At one time it was the capital of the Californias (when California belonged to Mexico). There's also a town in Italy called Our Lady of Loreto (close enough) where the locals believe a miracle happened - they say the house where Jesus was concieved magically appeared there one day. They've built a huge basilica around it. So, I'm pretty impressed with my name now. Well, I guess this is a start to liking my name and myself. Besides, I made a promise to Anne Lee and I can't go back on my word. Gotta go - work calls. Talk to ya soon. Loretta

1 comment:

Mary said...

Fantastic! So good to hear from you.
Mary